How we do it
Prosper employs, manages and supports Community Development Co-ordinators in identified areas of need
Prosper identifies, harnesses and optimises local talent and assets for the benefit of individuals and their local community.
Prosper works with residents and partners to establish and share a sophisticated and detailed knowledge of local need and gaps in services.
Prosper generates local investment through, fundraising, mobilisation of local resources (including volunteers), and the development of social enterprise.
Prosper works from central community hubs i.e. Primary schools in order to promote partnership
There are four phases to Prosper’s Community Development;
- Listening to local residents
- Identifying local assets, talent and priorities
- Mapping existing provision
- Building relationships
- Increased understanding of what services are available and what isn’t.
- Residents feel more connected within the community as a result of process.
- Establishing partnership structures
- Develop and agree 3 yr Prosper Community Plan
- Strengthened relationships between providers lead to more co-ordinated services to residents
- Individuals feel empowered
- Working to Prosper Plan
- Continue to strengthen Partnership structures
- Annual Reviews
- Funder Reviews
- Residents of all ages access locally developed provision which meets their needs and furthers their life chances
- Residents will have sustainable and increased opportunities to overcome disadvantage and achieve personal aspirations.
- Community will be less deprived and better resourced.
- Working to Prosper Community Plan
- Prosper moves to providing professional support to community groups and individuals
- Residents are strengthened and equipped to deliver projects and services thereby benefiting their own communities.
- There is increasingly less reliance on input from Prosper